Hi bjmpittsburgh,

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry that after seventeen years you are back. That's really disappointing. Here you can complain all you want, we have all been through the experience in one way or another and we truly understand what you are feeling.

Having to see a therapist is not a last ditch effort -- in fact, having someone to whom you can unburden may well help you to put things in perspective and help you to figure out how you can cope with the present situation. At least, that's the experience I have. I don't see it as weak, it's just help I need like I may need a crutch if I break my leg.

There are quite a number of members who are on permanent feeding tubes; maybe they will pop in and give you their perspective.

The treatment is for the body but as far as my experience goes, I find it requires a huge adjustment emotionally and mentally as well. Maybe you are in the process of working that through.

If you need to ask questions or simply to voice your frustrations, you are welcome to do it here. We will listen.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.