The Kangaroo pump or the Kangaroo Joey pump are 2 widely used feeding pumps. Ive used them both successfully for years. All you need is for your doc to write a prescription for you to get started with a medical supply company. There should be a nurse who comes out to show you how to use everything. You can then eat while you sleep or while sitting in the living room watching tv or using a laptop. You should have one of those hospital poles to put the pump on so you can move it from room to room. When using a pump its very important to remember when doing feedings you must be sitting up or if in bed propped up on a few pillows. If not doing feedings on an incline the formula can actually cause aspiration which can lead to aspiration pneumonia which is no fun at all!!!

Hang in there, it really does get easier as time goes by.

PS... @Jo you know what numbers you need to hit every day. PLEASE push to hit these minimums!!! I cant stress enough how vitally important your intake is. If you are doing 3 cans plus 3 cups, what about flushing your tube and taking meds? It all adds up to 6x8oz = you did it!!!! At 48 oz its the minimum you should get daily which is good. But... I know you can push yourself to take in more so you can feel better and recover.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma