Jo -

It does seem like we have a lot of similarities with our current situation.

It can be a lonely struggle at times, but, with family, friends, and work, I'm able to focus on other issues rather than my day to day issues.

I bet your southern meals were fantastic!

I also have the thought of trying different things with the same result sitting in the fridge

I understand about wanting to "hide" feedings from family. I still catch myself quietly going to another room to take care of that. Yet at the same time at work I just toss the bag and pump in my desk drawer and work through lunch while the pump grinds through a couple of boxes.

Is it the volume of the feed that bothers you? or something else?

I found the Dr Pepper was easier to "drink" than Coke / Pepsi. I used to be a Coke guy but can't take the heavy syrup "taste".

My wife has always said that I'll need a little extra weight to fight the next battle. I hate the pump and liquid diet, but no other options exist. So, I watch the food commercials and remember what things tasted like and try to convince myself that I'm not starving.

Even though I've had two separate radiation treatments to the neck / jaw, (both sides), my saliva production is lower, but not terrible. (Very Lucky)

Stay positive, we have been given this path in life for a reason.

1997 SCC Tumor on tongue - Partial Gloss
1997 Met to Lymph
Radical Neck Dissection / 2nd Partial Gloss
6 weeks chemo and radiation
Brachytherapy
2011 Stroke
2014 Recurrence SCC at Base of Tongue / Hemi-gloss
Free Flap reconstr from thigh
PEG Tube
Radiation
Permanent Issues with speech and swallowing
2018 - Bleeding throat / mouth