Hi BJ,

Hope you got your issues worked out and back on an even keel. The fall colors must be in swing there by now. I check out fall pictures of the northeast often and am breathless at the golden array. Every year we say we are going to head out and go on a long site seeing trip. Friends sent us pictures a few days ago from a Michigan of a heavy snow dusting they just had. I was blown away.......already ?

We have special friends in Ohio and should get up there to spend some time with them. They come visit us about twice a year. They guys play golf and talk airplanes and the girls shop. So fun every time to have them here.

Our trips usually consist of flying to Seattle where Jerry is from or driving to Orlando to Disneyworld. I love going to Disney, just walking through the gate makes me forget all my troubles and I feel like a kid. I don't do the rides but my favorite is the haunted house. We have had a time share for many years and love it. Have gone to New Orleans and Branson, etc. always fun to get away but nice to get back home too.

The packing is a little more involved now having to pack food and equipment. My "shaving kit" as I call it is tripled in size with biotene, syringes, tape, q-tips, food, etc, etc. but, true to me I have check lists for every different type of trip. I pack days and days in advance then check the bags again. Hubbys mode of operation is to throw everything in a bag that morning. He rightly reminds me that anywhere we go DOES have stores to pick up what we forgot. yes, I do go back and check his work adding a few extras. Drives him crazy. LOL.

We are going on a 7 day cruise in January with our daughter and son in law. So looking forward to it. Although I had envisioned being off the feeding tube by then but it is looking like that is not going to happen. Painful to think of all that food on board and me dragging packages of stinky food around. I do have a scooter and trying to decide if I will take it along. Often they are more trouble than not.

I did start the Real Foods Blend packages on Monday. Oh my gosh how horrid it smells ! For the first time I am glad I can not taste much by putting the nutrition down the tube. I have only been doing about four ounces a day along with the 2Cal. Going slow so I don't have any reaction to it. So far, so good. I am researching how to combine foods to put through the blender. That is far more involved than just throwing stuff together to have the right calories and nutrients needed. Then I have to consider all the foods I need to avoid for the kidney stone formation.

We have had the grandkids (ages 3, 2, and 1) here to spend the night several times in the last two weeks. We love time spent with them but when they leave boy do I sleep ! Actually I am so amazed at how much I do sleep. Jerry always says, I am healing while I sleep, if so I should be superwoman by now.

The local Men's group has closed the disaster operations at our Church but there is a small group of Red Cross volunteers still there. There are a lot of workers out repairing roads and dams and still some families who need help due to mold in their homes etc.

We are having 6 very tall pine trees removed next week from the yard that are in direct path of our house. I really hate to see them go and I am sure I won't be able to watch that operation but better to not hit our house or the neighbors. Sure is expensive to have it done but far less stressful than Jerry doing it on his own.

I need to get back to the sewing room and tackle many back log projects. I make quilts for friends who have lost loved ones from their t-shirt stash. I have 3 sets of 25 to 30 t-shirt stacks waiting for me. Not anything I advertise but word gets around fast. I don't charge anything so I stay busy with that when I have the energy. Problem is each person wants their quilt done yesterday, that does not happen now.

Hoping things are going well for you and that you are enjoying the fall weather. Take care and remember to embrace this path we are on, as you have taught me.

Jo

Sept 2002 Rt breast cancer no chemo or radiation.
March 2015 Rt tonsil cancer - walnut size lump rt side neck.
March 2015 Scan, biopsy confirm
March 2015 Port, G tube placed, 10 teeth removed.
July 2015 completed 5 chemo/35 radiations
Sept 2015 Cat Scan all clear
July 2016 G tube, port still in place
Ive had Thyroid "graves disease" and Lupus for many years.
4 kidney stone surgeries past 3 mo with over 100 stones still there !

*** Update... Jo passed away 12/20/17 ... RIP Jo ***