For me I had no desire during the tx or after surgery...I think it was 11 months after treatment that we tried and it was awkward as I still had my PEG tube in and my mouth and tongue weren't working like they used to. I also felt very uncomfortable about the way I looked...it didn't matter to my wife but it was a huge issue for me.

Our sexlife now is really spotty again though as my chemical imbalance left me fatigued most of the time. When I started taking steroids I thought it would give me a boost, but now I really haven't been "up" to the occasion. My wife has been great and understanding, however we are young and should be enjoying more. Our last "connection" over a month and a half ago was a wonderful and beautiful experience that I thought would promote more such activities...unfortunately chemically I'm just not there.

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.