Angelina, that really stinks that someone you work with is so ignorant to make a rude comment. I would feel the same as you, its one thing for a child who doesnt fully comprehend this to say something. Kids will adapt but shun anything 'different'. As far as the collegue, have you confronted them? I would and its not being rude either. Just would want to clear the air and set the record straight so they understand it wasnt a choice to talk differently, it was medically necessary. If that didnt work, approach their immediate supervisor and Im certain it will immediately cease. Harrassment in the workplace is against the law as is bullying especially someone with a disablity. I am like Suzanne and work in customer service where my voice is my job. I work very hard to overcome any speech problems to talk clearly so everyone can understand me. Its a difficult job and doing it with a voice problem makes it much more difficult. Stand up and be proud, not everyone can persevere as you have smile

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma