Hi I was exactly in your spot when I was told in begining of August of the surgery I was going to have. I was more worried about the feeding tube and the trach. But as it turns out I had really no worries cause after my surgery I don't remember much especially not concerning the tubes and the trach. As far as the scars and the marks left from surgery the neck dissection is not all that noticeable as most surgeons are very good and follow the already creases in your neck. For me the only problem was a slight infection in the incision and they believed that was caused due to diabeties. I really don't think you have anything to worry about but I get the feeling it is not a worry you were like me just want to know. I think there are some people on the site that have pictures attached to their bloggs but not sure how to get to them again...I have erased the links...I don't know what protocol is and don't want to cross any lines but I do know that the blog helped visualize it for me.

Like I said I don't think you are worried about what you will look like just what to expect...I showed my daughter the pictures so she wouldn't be surprised when she saw me in hospital. Hopefully someone with pictures will answer you

Dianne..treatment at cc at Victoria Hospital, London, Ontario...insulin dependant, Surgery Sept 8/08 Tracheotomy,composite resection and bilateral neck dissection, left radial forearm free flap... T2N0 squamous cell carcinoma. No radiation A little over 2 yrs clear YAY