I went from "We got it all and no rads or chemo needed to you need rads and chemo plus" I agree it is a shocker, but a necessary one. Yes it will take a lot longer to heal and you will be miserable if you let it happen The best I have found is to remain upbeat and fake it to others if you have to, but keep a good mental outlook and be positive. Hell, I even had to lose my teeth and get rad seed implants that seem to never heal any, but I am alive and as mouthy as usually I was. LOL Yes I get spells where I think , is this worth it? Then I think , do I want to see this lousy rain and hear that thunder anymore? Heck yes I do just like the beautiful sunny mornings and grandkids , the rest of the family and my friends, Yep, it's worth every ounce of the pain and I will continue to fight for as many years as possible. Jim I have you in my prayers and best wishes.

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
--- Passed away 5/14/14, will be greatly missed by everyone here