Jerry,

Who knows? It could have been me or a friend I told. I assume I scarred a few people with that story!

Here's another: Names have been changed

I'm working with this other guy because it's a two man job. He's older nearing retirement and for some reason dresses like Freddy Krueger from the "Nightmare on Elm Street" movies, i.e., he would wear stripped shirts and Dickie's. Well, we get done with the job and decide to take a break at one of our central offices. We go to the break room and sit down to read the paper. Guy gets up and says, "I'm goin' to the bathroom" and I'm like, "Okay, I'll wait here...". It was kind of stupid because the one man restroom was within the break room...Heck I was sitting at the table facing the door. He didn't have to broadcast it...but did. Guy is doing his business and it's obvious what's going on. Then I hear Guys beeper go off (it was a time before cell phones). A very short time later I hear a flush and out comes Guy with beeper in hand. Guy looks at me and says, "It's the Boss..." and he leaves to make the call. I get up and look at the sink...it's bone DRY...no water...no drips...nada...bone dry. I'm thinking damn...Guy doesn't wash his hands...Worse! Guy brings in cookies every week!! I sit down and shortly afterwards Guy comes back and says, "Ray, it's time I finished what I started..". Guy goes to the bathroom and resumes where he left off. I stare at the door...Guy comes out and says, "We better get goin'.." I tell guy, "Okay, I'll be there in a minute..". I go to the bathroom and yes...just as I suspected the sink is still DRY...Dry...Dry...not a drip of water. I can't help but think about the cookies...OMG...Guy brings in cookies for the whole crew. Guy doesn't wash his hands! Why?

The very next morning I tell one of my best buddies (Carl) the story. I'm like remember, "DON'T EAT THE COOKIES!!". Needless to say about 18 of us are sitting in the room waiting for our jobs and here comes Guy. He's so happy and proud walking around in his Freddy Krueger outfit with a bag full of cookies for the room. Guy is like dig in boys....Carl and I just look at each other...Someone else says, "Hey Guy, pretty good do you make them or what?" Guy responds, "No my wife makes the cookies..." Carl and I look at each other with a sigh of relief...Then guy says, "Yea, my wife makes the cookies...but I mix the dough..."

7-16-08 age 37@Dx, T3N0M0 SCC 4.778cm tumor, left side of oral tongue, non smoker, casual drinker, I am the 4th in my family to have H&N cancer
8-13-08 left neck dissection and 40% of tongue removed, submandibular salivary gland & 14 nodes clean, no chemo, IMRTx35
11-4-08 Recovering & feeling better