Jerry,

When I took the CPA exam in 1972 we were allowed to use our trusted slide rules. If we did we had to write SLIDE RULE at the top of the first page so the graders would give us a break if our answer was not exact.

My worst clients in every way imaginable are my doctors. They come out of school trained to do their profession but ill equipped to manage their practice. They are also usually to proud and/or cheap to admit that they need professional help so they end up wasting a lot of their time making costly mistakes when they could have concentrated their energy doing what they were trained to do. I have seen far to many turn their business decisions over to unlicensed accountants and by the time they reluctantly seek out a CPA, they have wasted tons of money. Even then they still complain every time they get a bill correcting years of poor advice. Imagine someone going to their next door neighbor to have their teeth cleaned or a lump in their breast!

IMO the only thing they should teach doctors in med school is that when you are thinking about opening a practice ENGAGE A CPA.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.