Moffitt did not require me to get one and they did not insist when I lost tons of weight. There weren't to happy with my resolve either. Now since I didn't have one I can't naturally speak to what it's like having one but I have read many posts of people that had them that became dependent on them and used them for many months post Tx and complained about post Tx swallowing issues. I have also read about infections, cleaning issues, etc and so my purpose about my post is to give the opportunity to present both sides of an issue that is clearly not SOP with all CCC's.

I also did not have a ND so again I'm going to be an advocate for second opinions when it comes to that decision. I also was tested positive for HPV so when the "facts" dictate I'm going to recommend that test. The value of this Board is that there are many different opinions that can be offered so that newbies can fully discuss important issues with their doctors.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.