I order my Carnation IB VHC from a web site called www.imed.com. They have variations in calories - 250, 375, or 560. The 560 calorie one costs about $27 per case of 24 cans plus around $8 shipping. So living in Ohio I get it for around $35 a case of 24. I can eat just about anything now, but I still order it and drink a can for lunch because of the great nutritional value. They deliver it right to my door.

As far as getting to know more about what is going on with your brother, are you able to go to his doctors appointments with him and his wife? Can you offer to drive them to the appointments? In my case I was seeing a doctor once a week during my chemo/radiation treatments. I am not sure if you are being made aware of it, but he is probably seeing a doctor quite often.

A good place to get a lot of valuable information from this forum is to go into the "Getting through it project" forum, click on the subject "Draft Copy", and then click on "GTI draft copy" link that is in the first posting. A document will open up. There is a table of contents at the beginning.

If the doctors are leaning towards giving him a peg tube, it is better to have it done before radiation treatment than during it. That is great that he is still eating solid foods.

Tom
SCC T4N1M0 left side tongue & 1 node
Dx 05/21/07 42 yrs old
40 Tx IMRT @ 70 Gy started 06/25/07
Cysplatin & 5fu 1st & 4th wks
treatment ended 08/23/07