Peace,
One thought that may be a very simple solution.
See a general dentist and ask for them to take a look and an x-ray and give you an opinion of what can be done. Let them know that you are not interested in treatment right now just an opinion. Your ENT has already told you he has no expertise in dentistry however, he felt compelled to give you an opinion that has lead to only fear and anxiety for you. He should have just made his first statement and left it up to you to seek an expert opinion. You can then take that information and at the very least be armed with it or pass it on to Jerry and myself and see if it is something that sits well with us. After all...the filling may be able to be simply adjusted or polished,or a temporary filling at the very least could be placed and it would relieve your problem and some of your pain and anxiety. Both of these solutions would be very quick, painless and require very little jaw manipulation.
With all that you have been through to find out a simple dental procedure could be done and solve the problem is worth the investigation and a lot easier than putting up with it.

Keep strong,
e-mail me if you want, anytime.

Mike

Dentist since 1995, 12 year Cancer Survivor, Father, Husband, Thankful to so many who supported me on my journey so far, and more than happy to comfort a friend.
Live, Laugh, Love & Learn.