Jean - As Donna says, it does help to print out info from other posters or from searching the OCF web site - that way when you share it with others, it's not like you are telling them what to do but it's info coming from others who have been thru the same experience. It's better of course if questions can be asked in a positive manner. I found that having other people present when asking questions of the doctor really makes it easier to remember and you can check with each other afterwards to make sure info was clear. You can ask Joe if he wants you to be there. . . . that way, it will help him to feel in control. When my son was not keeping track of his medications and resisted my suggestions, I printed out some really good posts and just left them by his bed and it really got results! Sounds like Joe is really lucky to have such a caring sister.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)