Thanks to all for the wonderful posts.

I had a long, open conversation with my brother. It was probably the best conversation that we have had since we were kids and trying to upset the babysitter. smile

Anyhow, he told me about how scared he was of the radiation and what it might do. I respect him so much for how he is dealing with this. He also just plain doesn't want to do the peg tube because he doesn't want to have unnecessary surgery. In response, I warned him that I was going to bug him all the time about getting enough fluids and he said ok. He better be ready for me as well as for the radiation!

Joe posted a funny note on his blog yesterday. He wrote that he was nervous about the radiation, but maybe he would gain some superpowers from the rays. He said that he could be a SuperHero next Halloween!

Have a wonderful, happy weekend.

* Root for Joe *
Sister of Joe (43, non-smoker/chewer; occ. drinker). Mouth problem 3/07. Diag with Stage I 6/07. Diag with Stage IV 9/07. In EPOC at Univ of Chicago. Cisplatin/cetuximab 1/wk x 8. Then, IMRT 5x/wk x 7 and weekly chemo. Done 12/21/07. Looks good as of 4/08, 7/08, 8/08, 1/09.