Hello Paul:
You are a good man and I now it must be hard for you to watch her deteriorate. I've lost several freinds and relatives to cancer. Always, towards the end, It became harder for ME to visit them.
Now, at 50, I've joined this club. I'm waiting for dx, but if my GUT feeling is right, I may go the way of your Mom and let it take it's course.I'm prepared to fight, but if mine is to advanced, I will not. To horrifying, and to much to put my family thru, only to suffer and be cut apart,and not have a good quality of life.
I just read all your posts, and your Mom had a year most likely better than if she fought this terrible disease. She may have already passed. Anyway, I had a GOOD LAUGH when she outlived her "Death Pack". smile My grandfather outlived every DR. that told him he did not have long to live. It's one of my fondest memories of him telling that story many times! If it comes to it, and when I make MY CHOICE, I hope my family understands, especially my "very last choice". Stay stong, PeteyB

DX 3-21-07 L tongue,SCC Stage IV (T3N2MO) TX Slash/Burn/Poison Method.
***Rapid Aggressive Recurrence 8-4-07 with same DX/TX. Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh. Never Give Up! ****UPDATE**** Our dear friend Petey passed away, RIP 9-2-07