Thanks for the response, Brian. I have indeed been chasing this for a while. While I'm sure that my doctors are competent, I just worry that they don't know what they are looking for and think that my age is going to rule out cancer. Cancer does not discriminate. As far as my risk factors, I did smoke regularly, albiet not more than a pack or two a week, from the time I was 15 until I was 21. I have had a couple of slips between then and now but have not been a regular smoker since. I've never been a "dipper" or anything like that. I have not been tested for HPV but have put myself in the position to accquire it. I don't test positive for EBV. One of the biggest risk factors in my eyes is that I have always slept with my mouth open due to my deviated septum. As far as the CT scan goes, the report notes that all areas are clear of abnormal tissues. The only thing noted other than my septum being deviated is that several lymph nodes in the jugular area are enlarged but "not pathologically", for what that's worth. I want more than anything for this to be benign but don't know of anything else this could be. This is the worst thing I've ever gone through, Brian. I wake up every morning and it is the first thing on my mind. I hold my children and hold back tears every single day, knowing that I probably won't be around to see them grow up. My son loves me more than anything in the world...I am his world and it is killing me knowing that he's going to have to grow up without a dad like I did. I don't have any hope at this point and I feel like I'm just wasting time waiting for this appointment. I'm angry that my doctors haven't taken action on this. My ENT is supposed to be a very highly regarded doctor. I'm thinking about going to an oral surgeon before my appointment with the otolaryngologist. I will keep you informed and will keep praying that I don't join this club.