OK, went on my "shake down" tubie fishing trip. First of all, I was going to be in a remote place. So, i believe in redundancy. I put syringes and tubes in both of my luggage, one was being checked, one carry on. And I brought a spare mic-key just in case ( I actually carry it often, I put the button, 10cc syringe and a little lube in a small case, about the size of a pack of cigarettes) I also I ground my daily pills into small packets. Then, I made small bags of base food for each meal. Each bag contained, protein powder, powdered walnuts, and oatmeal. I had packets of tuna for my night time meal. And I had a bottle of olive oil, so each base meal was about 600 cal. My plan was to go to the store, buy ensure, bananas, spinach. And use the new bullet blender to make my new meals. I was staying in motels, so the bathrooms were my new "Blending area" . the hotels had free breakfast areas so I did get milk, hardboiled eggs and that all important coffee!! The plan was to blend two meals in the morning and take one of them to the fishing area. For that I also took water to clean the stuff and I also bought gator aid as I thought it would be great fluid for being active. And I wanted to maximize my caloric intake

so here are the lesson I learned
1. It is easier to blend at home, although the hotels had space, there was more time in clean up and keeping things in order. And the bullet blender is no Vitamix!!!!
2, I should have made all the meals at home first. One meal came out so thick I had to separate it and add water, really a minor problem, but pre test is good
3. Forget ensure, it is expensive, actually low calorie, and way too much sugar. So I will just use milk in the future
4. Bring liquid soap to clean the blender

This was only a 3 day trip. But I can see how it could easily be extended. I think I mentioned, on a trip to England last year, I put 60 boxes of formula in one suitcase...heavy!!!

So, I am now a full time blender! Much better for me and a little fun

Most of all the fishing was great...the catching was so-so

Steve

steve
72 yo
SCC 2009
Radiation/Chemo, clear 2010
Active triathlete
NPO and bad voice after 12 years
But doing great