Thread Like Summary
Brian Hill
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#201200 01/30/2022 7:07 PM
by Pandora99
Pandora99
I sm a new tubie - 3 days home from hospital and trying to learn

I ended up with an infectinfection from my PICC line - was in hodpital om IV amtibioantibiotics for 5 days now 14 days of pill form antibiotic

before surger for petmanpermanent feedfeeding tube, I was taking Benefibre daily as I was on a lsoft food diet and wad not getting en finrfibre

ok. My questquestions

1. Does anyone add Benefibre to flushing water or “free water”
2. Does any have a morning coffee in peg bag - say 2 cups coffee plus lactose free milk and let it drip? My rstionrationale is that it is all liquid and eould be mice to wake up and have a coffee
3. Does anyone use a probiotic if so which one and why?
4. How do you deal with cravings - cooking smell etc.
5. Dors anyone add say, some vodka to a bolid syringe I am not hooked on alcohol - just looking at moving to my “new normal”

pleade feel free to send as many answers as possible I thank you for youtyour assistance and time

donna b Aka. Pandora
Liked Replies
by Sutlerjim
Sutlerjim
I’ve been doing the tube thing since last July, I put just about everything in the blender now, the smells are great.
I still do steak on the grill, I get some taste when I burp!
The speech therapist at my Dr’s office still thinks it’s funny that I put an Italian sub in there, I get a great “taste sensation” from the vinegars.
I can drink a little, still taste the chocolate in my oat milk, added banana and tasted it like crazy.
Right now I’m pushing fajitas into my tube.
I have a hands free syringe holder that I built and I pour 2 or 3 cups of coffee in every morning, use my chilled formula for creamer and to cool the coffee, the Lopez valve is adjusted to a comfortable “caffeine drip” setting. I do that while I “read the paper” on the iPad.

Trying so hard not to be discouraged by the “new normal”
1 member likes this
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics