I I know others that put pizzas and donuts and whatever in their blender. I totally get eating a prepared meal that the family is eating, as most of the time that has sone semblance of balanced nutrition. But honestly except for convenience, I don’t get not taking the misfortune we have been dealt, and not trying to turn it into a positive for our bodies to be the best we can be. Just like exercising or anything else, it’s important to be our healthiest selves. Throwing junk food into a blender to stay alive when there are better ideas….it’s just not me.

It took me very little effort to learn about optimum nutrition, and I actually like seeking out the best combination of things these days. It’s certainly not rocket science to find healthy fats which your body needs, the best protein sources, and optimum carbs as a starter. Then adding in micronutrients that really add those extra things that impact cognition, longevity and more. I’ve got a formula now and I blend two 64 oz Vitamix bowls of stuff, pour it off into 20oz paper cups from Amazon bought by the case, and I’m good for three or four days, covering them with cellophane and a rubber band and into the fridge. Right before using I stir in psyllium husks for fiber, add some extra liquid, coffee in the morning, vegetable or fruit juice later in the day, to thin things and bolus syringe it in. I eat the same thing every meal, keep weight on, and build lean body mass at 75 when combined with a couple days at the gym and walking everyday. I haven’t had a body like this since I got out of the military.

The other benefit is my eating requires no planning or thought any more. It’s in the fridge ready to go so I’m in a routine. I don’t feel thirsty ever, and seldom hungry. So I’ve learned that I have to be on a routine to get hydration and the same amount of calories and nutrients each day by the clock. Hydration is water, plus green tea mostly, but I’m counting cc’s in the syringes. It’s not like I get to have or care to have Mexican one day and Italian the next, or see any benefit to that. For sure I would never put this mixture in my mouth. Think canned sockeye salmon with skin and bones, with blueberries, whey protein powder and mixed vegetables and fresh spinach, frozen fruits, nuts of every variety, mostly walnuts and almonds, prunes, beets, garbanzo beans, black beans, hard oiled egg, avocados, cranberries, 99%cacao chocolate pieces that taste like dirt, mushrooms, olive oil, a batch of what ever vegetables are fresh and in season, steamed and stored into containers in the fridge ready to blend, and other things that would be disgusting together. But I can’t taste it. So I’m picking things not for any reason but that they are the best for my body and mind.

I’m four years into doing this. Same shopping list at Amazon for cases of wild caught sockeye salmon in water, and sardines in EV olive oil, and the grocery store for other canned and fresh staples.

Steve Jobs of Apple wore the same thing every day. It was comfortable, professional if casual, and he had a closet full of the same thing. When he got up showered and dressed every day, he spent zero time thinking about what he was going to wear. I live in t shirts jeans and sneakers. Occasionally a grey sweat shirt in the fall and winter over that. My days are uber busy. But I’m not wasting my time deciding what to put on or eat and drink. It’s a system. Mostly people don’t see me, I work online from a home office, go out and walk in town, and I share no meals with others except to sit as company with them. I curl up in front of the fire to read in the evenings so for pleasure, but mostly medical technical for OCF. I get what Steve Jobs was thinking. I was not like this most of my life. I was a major foodie, dressed professionally at big pharma companies, and enjoyed trying new wines and food. I’m not that guy anymore. I’m more driven, more healthy at the level I can be. I spend more time inside my head, thinking about improving the last chapter of my life. Doing the best I can for OCF and others. Finding some beauty and positive in each day no matter how small. The way I eat is part of a bigger idea. It’s not for every person. But enough people have asked, so there it is.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.