Hi Dizz,

Thanks so much. You and he are going through so much of the same thing. You are just a little behind him (on the timeframe) and you seem to have such a great attitude about everything just as he does. You guys are soldiers. All of you are. This has been so rough on me emotionally and I'm not even going through the hard part. But I have always been much more of an emotional person than he is, and although I have complained many times about him having the emotions of a rock, lol, in this case, it has been extremely helpful.

Thanks for explaining to me about the swallow test and the tube. It would have been helpful if the doctor would have been more helpful or thorough in explaining, or listening, actually. I just didn't like his attitude.

I had hoped to be able to get him to eat more and try different things like you are doing and his attitude about everything is to only do it if the doctor tells him to do it. And, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to go against doctor's orders... He, honestly, is just a very stubborn man and always has been smirk and he doesn't ask questions when he goes to the doctor without me.

For instance, I tried to tell him that he needs to ask about fluoride trays because I had read so much about them on this site. But he went to the dentist twice without me and did not ask, and they did give him fluoride toothpaste, which he doesn't use as much as I believe he should, and, he actually still has a couple of teeth which needed fillings that he didn't get fixed. I'm worried about him on that but, at this point, I can only hope for the best.

He is doing his swallowing exercises and he is still drinking his shakes and smoothies so I will try to lay off on getting him to try eating other things and just continue to make them. I know he is going through so much already and that I get on his nerves when I push for more. I just want the best end result for him. smirk But, at a certain point, I know, I just have to let him do it his way.

I wanted to add protein to his nutribullets but don't want to begin without asking the dr. about it first and he pretty much ran off on me the other day in the middle of me asking about the swallow test so, I will send a note with my SO when he returns for his next dr. visit (since I'm,unfortunately not able to attend every appointment with him) and possibly find out what protein powders are allowed and which to avoid.

I believe you he have the same amount of radiation treatments and he was offered the 3 doses of cisplatin or 7 smaller doses. He chose to have 7 weekly treatments as he was concerned with the hearing loss side effects. But when we actually went for his chemo, they had changed it to Carboplatin for some reason and didn't even tell us. We didn't know until the nurses told us and they had no idea why it was changed. I'm curious but at the same time I'm glad that he won't have as many side effects. I'm a bit worried for you on those 3 big ones but least you will be able to stay in the hospital and rest and be looked after well. I looked at your latest update and hopefully I will get a chance to respond to it soon and will definitely check in to see how you are doing. Wishing the best for you!!

Significant Other diagnosed in May: SCC Right Lateral Tongue , Right Floor of Mouth. Surgery July 30, 2019: Subtotal Glossectomy. Right Mandibulectomy, Extraction of All lower teeth. Removal of Right Lymph nodes; SCC in 4 of 23 Lymph Nodes, Reconstruction using tissue and bone from forearm and tissue from thigh.
Former smoker: 30 years and family h/o Cancer
Radiation began 9/6/19 and chemo 9/11/19.
Finished treatment in October 2019.
Awaiting CT Scan.