Hi guys,

No problem Gloria. (Just now noticing your name at the bottom of the post smirk sorry....)

I also just noticed that, I probably need to update my signature. It looks like there are a few misunderstandings. I realize I rambled a lot in the first few posts especially, so, just to summarize, he has had a subtotal glossectomy so his main source of nutrition is the feeding tube and some days it is only the feeding tube. He has done pretty well swallowing liquids since his first week out of surgery which was around 6 weeks ago.

Today was the first day of chemo and his 4th radiation treatment. So far, his only complaint from that is dry mouth.

I was FINALLY able to ask the doctor about the swallow test today and he seemed to get really aggravated and/or defensive about me asking why he hasn't gotten one yet. Basically, he (the radiation doctor) doesn't think it's important right now after all that he has been through with the surgery and all.

Again, and maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but, I was just thinking that BECAUSE of the surgery, it might help us to see what he is able to eat and drink right now and give us an idea of what he should and shouldn't try to swallow prior to and during radiation therapy, if that makes any sense. His doctor certainly acted like it didn't make any sense and acted like I was questioning his authority or something, which I wasn't, but anyway.... I guess he can just continue doing his swallowing exercises and drinking for now. I was just hoping to be able to blend him some foods if possible to keep his weight up during radiation and chemo treatments but he, personally doesn't want to do the swallow test or anything unless the doctor orders it so I'm going to leave it at that right now and try to hold on to what little is left of my sanity....

It looks like I have to go back and look at the other posts so I can remember what else I was trying to answer... lol

Significant Other diagnosed in May: SCC Right Lateral Tongue , Right Floor of Mouth. Surgery July 30, 2019: Subtotal Glossectomy. Right Mandibulectomy, Extraction of All lower teeth. Removal of Right Lymph nodes; SCC in 4 of 23 Lymph Nodes, Reconstruction using tissue and bone from forearm and tissue from thigh.
Former smoker: 30 years and family h/o Cancer
Radiation began 9/6/19 and chemo 9/11/19.
Finished treatment in October 2019.
Awaiting CT Scan.