First, congratulations on 12 years! I’m not sure if we spoke in the past, but it’s good hearing from you! I’m sorry about your swallow issues. I’ve had plenty, and after my teeth were removed, more so, but I do eat fully by mouth after using a tube on and off for fives years, mostly when I was in treatment. Have you tried puréed foods or other easily swallowed foods? Chicken is a tough one! Most times I like to cook my own foods, but with special instructions, not to over cook certain foods, I can eat even pizza! Basically, it’s trial and error, and plenty of times i bit more than I can handle, and almost passed out before dislodging the food! That’s scary, and not fun, as you know!

On another note, have you or anyone in your family taken CPR, which usually include choking victims? I know, and hope to never use doing a belly flop from a kneeling position, head turned up and away, on the floor or dropping myself over the back of a chair to dislodge a stuck item in your throat. Most times, I can talk and breathe and the stuck food eventually dislodges. Anyway, it’s best to take a class. The belly flop I learned on line, so that may not be included in the class.

That brings me to another point. Later in September i’m having my throat dilated. I usually have it done twice a year, sometimes with a scope since I have Barrett’s esphogus which needs to be checked yearly.

On another note, I have one carotid artery, as a left section that was cancerous was removed a few years back, and just have the right side, which is clear. I get, up my request, the Doppler exam, which name escapes my mind right now

I hope this helps!

10/09 T1N2bM0 Tonsil
11/09 Taxo Cisp 5-FU, 6 Months Hosp
01/11 35 IMRT 70Gy 7 Wks
06/11 30 HBO
08/11 RND PNI
06/12 SND PNI LVI
08/12 RND Pec Flap IORT 12 Gy
10/12 25 IMRT 50Gy 6 Wks Taxo Erbitux
10/13 SND
10/13 TBO/Angiograph
10/13 RND Carotid Remove IORT 10Gy PNI