I'm a a worrier, and it is hard to get to sleep at night. I don't think he explained he explained the differentiation but I will call and ask, the only good news he gave me, which I'm assuming is good, is that the cancer was contained in the lymphnodes, and that they were not capsulary isI think the term he used. He found cancer in 5 of the 14 lymphnodes he removed.He said there was no "extra nodal extentions" and that none of the nodes had burst, they were all contained. This is still confusing to me. I'm so upset I did not get the neck dissection in the first place with my tongue operation. That is what the other dr suggested. My dr is meeting with the tumer board on Tuesday to determine treatment, at first he told me radiation, now he is saying maybe cemo too.... so scared. can you tell me what it is like to get the radiaton? does it hurt during the treatment? or does just hurt after you get home? how painful is it. Does anyone know if proton radiation is better to do than the regular radiation? I know I have a lot of questions, but I have decisions to make fast, and I don't think I've been doing to well at that so far.

Please help.
Thank you,
Angela

SCC 12/13 - T1N0
1/28/13 - removal of tumor Rt. Tongue clear margins
5/14 lump under chin, 8/14 FNA showed C and CAT
8/25 neck dissection, 14nodes removed 9 clear 5 with C
Extra Nodal Extension not present
9/9/14 tumor board meeting to determine RAD and poss chemo treatment