So glad you're done !!!!! A big YAY to you my dear!! I found chemo not to be very bothersome compared to rads - I think that very much depends on the chemo though. I am wondering why they are giving it to you post treatment as opposed to with rads?!
If it's cisplatin that's a 50/50 prospect in terms of feeling crappy. Personally I had mild nausea that's it, and my meds kept it in check. It also helped that they kept me in overnight and pumped me with fluids... Not something all hospitals do but they did. So overall It was fine - while a friend of mine was totally sick throughout. So it really depends. You need to find out what they are giving you. As far as I know cisplatin and other oral cancer chemos (carbo) work only with rads. They may give you taxol, 5fu... Knowing that will give you a better idea of what to expect. Hugs and congrats now be patient and heal!!

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan