Try drinking flattened club soda... it is the same as the baking soda mixture but you can drink it and don't have to spit it out. This way it helps heal your throat.

I'm going to play my manuka card here. I don't often trot it out these days but - I will suggest it as it can't hurt, (okay I meant that metaphorically) but it may help. I used it througout my treatment and while things did get bad, it actually staved off the worst until the last two days of treatment.

If you want to try it - you can buy it at health food stores, and or whole foods. If you live in a one horse town that doesn't have a store like that - you can order it on the internet.

You want organic, you want a fairly high UMF - +16 is good.
Take a teaspoon, put it in your mouth let it melt.
Swish for 1-2 minutes (okay so yes IT STINGS - BUT it heals and after you swallow it, it numbs you) I used to hop around while I was swishing. And it helped me. Not everyone agrees, but it might be worth a try. Look it up.. see what it's all about. It's fairly cheap - $20 - and ask your RO before using it. Mine said more power to you, but some - because they have no idea what it is may say no.

You can do this frequently. I would eat, rinse then use the honey. Or after treatment I would rinse then use the honey.

It doesn't cause cavities because it is antibacterial, and it even helped with my thrush. HUGS.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan