yes - sorry but it's the truth. Surgery is meant to remove the tissue. Even if there are clear margins there is always the potential for something to be left there. This why they generally give 6 weeks for healing - unless you have complications - then they like to keep it in that time frame.

I am surprised you've waited that long. It is a complicated surgery no doubt but most of the major healing takes place in the first 6 weeks. They know how long it takes for bones/tissue/muscle to heal.

Anything beyond that time there is the potential that anything left there can grow back, expand, and move. (this often depends on the type of cancer and aggressiveness of it) I am not overly familiar with sarcomas. But my question to the drs. while I was battling my tongue tumor was - how soon can you do it?

Why so long a wait?

best of luck.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan