I didn't want to highjack the thread, but will respond to your resposne. I just joined this site last July, and knew it existed back in 2009, and never joined. Why? Because I don't complain to anyone, and how many times did I in over 1,000 posts here? I also don't ask for any advice, and rarely did, if I did at all, and only try to help by sharing my expierance, and give advise in laymens terms, including links to studies, others.

Also, I dont think anyone one has the side effects I had from just chemo, if any, and if ghey did they are probably not here anymore. I also don't see many that had 5 recurrences, three neck dissections, two which were radical, radiation 3x with over 130Gy, two sperate chemo treatment, and this was for tonsil cancer, "in situ", but was stage 4 due to the lympoh nodes. I can say I was not disfigured per say, but can see a physical differeence like the "saddle" nose fom low blood pressure, and eye lid closing from the visipn loss, and two doiffrere nt eye colors. Mine re were blue, buy the one woit vision loss changed brown from the blood, and now tha pupil is white too.

Now I'll complain, and excuse my typing becaise I dont see well, and share some of my side effects while being hospitalized for 6 months the day after my chemo treatment discharge, and put in ICU, including losing 110 pounds in several weeks, parayhlzed from the waist down, and unablee to walk for 10 months, let alone stand, which I could not, blinded permamantly in the eye, almost losing total vision, all by hair cane off, which is no big deal, scabs on my head, lost all my fingernails, toe nails, burns on my face, hands, inside mouth and esophoghus. The burn unit had to attend to my hand and face burns by removing skin, and don't complain of continued side effects, some I won't share, and then including the stage 4 kidney disease, almost a few points from stage 5 now, and the chronic anenemia, constant neuropathy, and muscle paraylsis still in my legs, and I think i have it pretty good.

These are some of the ailmets I had to fight through when hospitailzed for 6 months just from 5 days induction chemo, no radition was given then, and being in isoloation, which is not fun either. Just one of these can be deadly, like sepsis, which has a 40% survival rate, as does dissmeninated candiassis, both which i had. It Took over 3 years for my beds sores to heal, and are still not.

Abdominal pain
septic shock
sepsis
respiratory failure
pulmonary collapse
pulmonary congestion
On respirator
intestinal disease
excisional debriment of wound,burn
disseminated candidiasis
unspecified septicemia
periumbilical abdominal pain
hypotension
drug induced netropenia
urinary tract disease
pleural effusion
hepatomegally
gastric dysfunction
gallbladder disease
ulcerative colitis
pneumonia
cardiomegly
unspecified volume depletion
low potassium
kidney disease
hyposmolality
nutrional marasmus
debility
dysphaigia
phlebitis,
systemic inflammatory response syndrome
erythematosquamous dermatosis
ulcerative gastrointestinal mucocitis
antineoplastic immuno supprs adverse effect
anemia
iron meatbolsim disorder
shortness of breath
localized inflammatory process whole body
unspecified infection central venous line
critical illness myopathy
brain ishemia
other ascites
joint pain
cellultis,
mononeurotis
gait abnormality
pressure ulcer
rhinoschleroma
conjuntivitis
diarrea
nausea
hypovolemia
blood transfusiona
renal failure
low potossium
acidosis
leukocotosis
Optic ishmeic nearopathy
Neovascular glaucoma
Eye surgery
Minimal hearing loss
Tinnitis

As far as a lawsuit, it's not my style, plus I was too sick for all these years to thoroughly look into, and did not want to discount the hoputal, in case it was needed to go back, which I did for several surgeries, but never saw the oncoligist again, who left the hospital for anoter.

Last edited by PaulB; 07-13-2013 09:36 PM.

10/09 T1N2bM0 Tonsil
11/09 Taxo Cisp 5-FU, 6 Months Hosp
01/11 35 IMRT 70Gy 7 Wks
06/11 30 HBO
08/11 RND PNI
06/12 SND PNI LVI
08/12 RND Pec Flap IORT 12 Gy
10/12 25 IMRT 50Gy 6 Wks Taxo Erbitux
10/13 SND
10/13 TBO/Angiograph
10/13 RND Carotid Remove IORT 10Gy PNI
12/13 25 Protons 50Gy 6 Wks Carbo