Hi Caco,

Allow me to jump in with a warning! Years ago I got royally messed up on an "anxiety" scrip called Ativan, which you *will* hear discussed on here. Again, maybe I'm a freaky sensitive type, but if you look into it you'll find a whole camp of people who feel very strongly that the stuff is VERY inappropriately used. The thing is, IT REALLY WORKS, it was amazing, I was going through a rough time (by the way, very likely caused by some other meds I was on.....that were probably causing anxiety attacks) and I could pop the little white pill and in 30 minutes the anxiety would fly off of me like layers of an onion being stripped away by the wind, it really was amazing.

Unfortunately! For me and for many others, it is cumulative and highly addictive, meaning if you take it daily, you need more and more, and then to stop taking it you basically, in my opinion, have to suffer through all of the anxiety and agitation that it "saved" you from.....as if it just somehow stored it up in some corner, but once you stop taking it you still have to live through it all, but now combined with CRUSHING INSOMNIA!

Can you tell I had a really really really really bad time coming off the stuff? Before cancer, it was the worst experience of my life.

Perhaps not everyone will have this reaction. And perhaps if you NEVER took it on consecutive days. But I consider the stuff to be very dangerous.

So, be careful what you ask for. Maybe there's something else out there, but be careful.

I feel for your dad. I really do. Some people get through this with just the physical challenges, but I certainly went through some extreme emotional/mental challenges as well and wasn't myself for a time. Please don't hesitate if I can help in any way.

I'm way over in England now, but if you or your dad would like to talk, or maybe even Skype, that would be easy from my end.

ONWARD THROUGH THE FOG!

-Seth

47 yr old male non-smoker, social drinker, fit. Jan'10, Stg3 rt tonsil+rt neck SCC, HPV+, rad+chmo Vancouver Cda. 2yr clear Apr'12 London UK. Apr'13 mets recur to lymph btw left lung & aorta, 3x Cisplatin+5FUchemo+20 rad, was all clear but 6-mo PET-CT shows mets to pleura around left lung, participating in St 1 trial of GDC-0980. GDC lost effect and ended July'14, bad atrial fibrillation requiring hospitalisation, start more standard chemo 10 Sep 2014.
Sadly has passed away, notified Jan 2015.