Meat tenderizer???? I have no idea what's in the stuff, but would NEVER have thought that would be a good thing. Interesting. And congratulations on finding that right balance of meds, which of course will probably keep changing over time.

I'll never know, but I may have ended up taking way more Fentanyl than I needed, and for me, coming down off the stuff was its whole own nasty experience. But I may be "sensitive" too. And now, ~18 months out, I'm doing very well, and in fact just had another consultation and nasal endoscopy (not as bad as it sounds) and they sent me home with a pat on the back "all's well in there". Yay.

-Seth

47 yr old male non-smoker, social drinker, fit. Jan'10, Stg3 rt tonsil+rt neck SCC, HPV+, rad+chmo Vancouver Cda. 2yr clear Apr'12 London UK. Apr'13 mets recur to lymph btw left lung & aorta, 3x Cisplatin+5FUchemo+20 rad, was all clear but 6-mo PET-CT shows mets to pleura around left lung, participating in St 1 trial of GDC-0980. GDC lost effect and ended July'14, bad atrial fibrillation requiring hospitalisation, start more standard chemo 10 Sep 2014.
Sadly has passed away, notified Jan 2015.