My son did not have the PEG and it was really rough going for a while. Hearing about the success some have had here recently with the Manuka Honey in treating the mouth sores makes me wish we had known about it while he was going through treatment. At one point, when my son wouldn't or couldn't eat and even drinking water was painful, I had to threaten to call my daughter (a police officer with a gun) over to have her help me get him into the car and to the hospital to have a PEG inserted so he could get some nutrition. Well, that did it and somehow he found the strength to get through it. He lost about 25 pounds but gained it all back and doing great, now. I have to wholeheartedly agree with Charm where he says: "PEG or no PEG, both are right if that's what he needs or wants."

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)