Thanks for the warm welcome! Very helpful!

Christine, that list looks great for the future. Unfortunately I'm not ready for most of it yet. I'm still unable to swallow anything more solid than a liquid - even jello and ice cream have been too chunky. Bummer.

Luckily, I'm looking forward to my sweetie cooking me three different pureed soups today. So I'll have some more variety, and I'm optimistic that they'll be tastier and heartier than the boxed soup options.

Also, this morning I was thinking that I'll ask my friends and family who are local to keep me in mind if they go out to nice restaurants - that if they come across a totally pureed soup on a menu (and if it's gluten- and egg-free) that they should get an order for me to go. That way I can have even more options.

Thanks to both of you for being there with me as I wade through this. It really helps to have people hearing where I'm at and understanding what I'm going through.

Appreciatively,
Rahel

Leukoplakia 3/07, 34y.o. non-smoker/drinker
Biopsy 3/08: clear (no monitoring suggested - grr)
Biopsy 10/18/10: SCC, Stage 2 1.
Surgery 11/15/10: glossectomy R side oral tongue & partial neck dissection. Margins, nodes & salivary gland clear!
Subsequent MRIs/CTs/PETs: All clear!