Scott,

I went back and reread your first couple of posts. When I went to Moffitt Cancer Center for my first appt. I took my slides (biopsy), my medical records CAT Scan and PET Scan etc with me. My first appt. was not near $1500. It was some where between $100-200. How I know this is because my insurance doesn't cover consults at a Cancer Center I paid out of pocket. I would have remembered if it was any where near $1500. My thinking is because I had all the info the Surgeon needed when I went to Moffitt the charge was a visit.

Let the CCC know you have the slides and medical records (PET Scan and CAT Scan) that does make a difference. Yes, I had to run around and gather all the info, was glad I did. I think it took me a total of 2 days to get all the info, made phone calls went an picked up the reports. Where the slides were sent (Orlando) for reading they sent them directly to Moffitt in Tampa. Moffitt wanted the slides to read for themselves not just the medical records report.

Hope this helps.

Take care,
Connie

SCC. of the left lateral tongue, anterior two thirds, T1 possibly a T2.
Left partial glossectomy, left selective neck dissection 4/21/09. Nodes clean, No Rad, No Chemo.

CT Scan 9/11 clean, CT Scan 9/12 clean

Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, FL. A+.

My hometown Lockport, NY.