Scott,

You have the best of the best on this forum, very informative. I would really get another opinion from a Cancer Center even if you have to take out a loan. This is your mouth, speaking and eating you are your own best advocate.

Some of us have horror stories before going to a Cancer Center. I'm going to give you a quick horror story of mine before I went to a Cancer Center. My tumor was 1.3 cm when I had surgery started out the size of a pencil eraser. I went to an ENT he told me he would teether my tongue, I would have a peg tube to eat and my tongue might hang out the side of my mouth and I would probably drool. Good Grief!!!

I went to a Cancer Center a month later long story how I got there....I told them what was said, they looked at me in disbelief. I had the surgery at the Cancer Center and all of the above I was told by an ENT Surgeon did NOT happen.

Get another opinion from a Cancer Center and if they tell you what the first doctor told you then you won't wonder afterwards.

Their Tumor Board meets once a month I would have a problem with that. My CC's Tumor Board meets once a week.

Also, I didn't know the things I know now if it wasn't for the people on this forum I would be...who knows where.

I hope I'm not out of line, but what made me comment your Tumor Board meets once a month.

Take care and I hope all goes well for you.

Connie

SCC. of the left lateral tongue, anterior two thirds, T1 possibly a T2.
Left partial glossectomy, left selective neck dissection 4/21/09. Nodes clean, No Rad, No Chemo.

CT Scan 9/11 clean, CT Scan 9/12 clean

Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, FL. A+.

My hometown Lockport, NY.