Charm... I had a peg tube for a year and a half without any problems. This time around its not so simple. Im already on my second peg tube. Since I have trismus, I was awake for the surgery. I was given morphine and had my 50mg patch on. Its unbelievable that I had to suffer in agony while a new tube was placed. The first tube somehow got lodged in my abdominal wall.

Although this year is different without my son here, it will be ok. I must make the best of things. Hopefully, you will be able to keep your chin up during the holiday season. Be careful too, you dont want eggnog to clog up your tube smile LOL

Suzanne.... YOU are the sweetie!!!! I got the nicest card from your sister while I was in the hospital. For Christmas I always stay home. My daughter is with me so it will be ok. I miss my son Travis very much. We always went to a special tree farm and Travis would cut down the tree. I had to start a new tradition this year, we decorated a cute little potted norfolk pine tree.

Im not the only one who must start the holiday season off differently this year. Travis is only gone for a short time. Blessings to all those families who are going thru this season without a special loved one by their side.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma