Hi everyone,

I had a great visit with our dear friend, Christine today. It was great seeing her and she has reconfirmed my feelings that she is one of the strongest people that I know.

She is overwhelmed by all the concern, love and posting that is going on about her. She doesn't understand how she could be missed so much. After about an hour and a half, I think I convinced her.

As posted above, she will have some more minor surgery next week and then hopefully go home soon after that. She has occupational therapy in the morning and physical therapy in the afternoon. Somehow, I luckily got there beween both of them.

There's no doubt that she has been through some really tough times and there certainly is some more to go. They have her pain pretty well under control. Her most uncomfortable area is where the skin graft was taken from her forearm. They have a drain in that area and I think that is causing the discomfort.

She is sorry that she can't make it to the David Nasto walk on Sat., but is determined to make the New York walk in April and next year's walk for David.

Christine can't wait to get back on the internet and the forum and asked me to send her love to everyone.

I met Travis and he is one devoted son. He spends a great deal of time with her every day and was there all the time even when she wasn't awake. He leaves for the Marines in about a month and will surely serve our country well.

Jerry

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"