Hi everyone. This is only my 2nd time to post anything in this Forum, so pls bear with me. It is very encouraging to see your suggested food lists and how you can actually eat these foods. If any of you has a very similar case as I have, I would be grateful if you could share some tips on how to actually 'eat' foods. I made a similar post under "What is the best way to learn to eat?" but have not received any response so far, so maybe here I will solicit one: I had my tongue surgery this March 2nd, where about 90% of my tongue was removed (only a small part of the right side originally remains), replaced with a flap from my front left thigh and permanently anchored to the floor of my mouth. It's now a little over 3 months since completing my chemo (3 sessions, cisplatin) and radiation (30 sessions, @ about 15 min per session) therapies and it was just recently that I am able to drink water/liquids with no problem. But I am still using a PEG for my blenderized food and my challenge now is being able to eat solid or even soft food. Since my tongue flap is anchored to the floor of my mouth, I could only chew food between my teeth but obviously could not manage to control the movement of food in my mouth. I miss eating, as I'm sure all of you also did prior to your being able to eat again. Thank you in advance for your responses.

Diagnosed: 16Feb'09
Pre-op Dx: Tongue SCCA Stage IVB (T4N2cM0)
Opn: 2Mar'09. Total glossectomy, Neck dissection (Levels I-V), bilateral; Anterolateral, Thigh flap recon'n; Tracheostomy; PEG
Decanullation: 24Mar'09
IMRT x30, concurrent with chemo (cisplatin) x3: May-Jun '09
PEG out: 23Oct'09