I LOVE all the new input for the easy to eat list!!! THANK YOU!!!! All great ideas and so helpful to others who are struggling to eat. One day I hope to redo the easy to eat list so everything is right there on one long list. With the new additions, looks like I need to do this sooner rather than later smile Keep those great ideas coming!!!

Everyone reading the easy to eat list probably has their own local specialities where they live which are unavailable in other areas. Where Im located in the US theres a few foods only available in my northeast PA area. Things like fried scrapple (soft breakfast meat made from port scraps, usually available at diners, its fried until crisp on their flat grill or at home in a fry pan), pork roll some know it as Taylor Ham, its also fried and and most diners serve this as a breakfast meat, (Ive always eaten it as a sandwich with cheese, a slice of raw onion, and ketch up on a potato roll.... (unfortunately thats something I used to eat before my OC made regular eating impossible for me), potato rolls (or bread) arent available everywhere either its one of the PA Dutch foods from my area, halupkies (hamburger mixed with rice in a red sauce rolled in cabbage leaves after they're softened up by cooking in boiling water), pierogies can be something most might be able to eat if they're boiled instead of pan fried (its a filling made of mashed potatoes and cheese in a soft dough) either boiled, fan or deep fried until crispy with sautéed onions and sour cream (polish and/or PA Dutch dish), halushkie fried cabbage and noodles (sounds weird but its awesome!!! and boy do I wish I could eat this like I used to!!!), my recipe was adding a couple things to make it more of a complete meal... Id peel and slice then pan fry a few fresh carrots and throw in some chunks of leftover ham), and Im certain there are a great many more things to add to the new list. Many things Ive altered to better suit my extremely limited eating capabilities. Things like fried tomatoes (red ripe ones...not the green kind) I coat with AP flour then pan fry with lots of butter until they're soft and a nice deep brown crispy color...I only lightly brown them now and puree it to make it easier for me to eat without choking (I also add a pinch of salt and sugar then finish with a little butter and dip in sour cream which helps cut the acidic nature of tomatoes, gnocchi in plain tomato sauce... (mash the gnocchi to make it easier to swallow) all the teeny tiny flecks of parsley and random spices make this one quite a big challenge for me to eat without choking!!! Its unbelievable the teeniest little thing like a tiny piece of parsley makes me choke. I also dip in sour cream to help make it easier to swallow and mellows out the acidic tomato sauce. Theres so many other things that are not commonly found across the US, especially difficult for me is SW US with the spicier foods so prevalent.

Im always watching for different foods I might be able to eat or to easily adapt how its made so I can eat it. I noticed when Im watching an International cooking show Ive seen a great many things I never knew existed. Thanks for adding a few items, Diz that Im not familiar with here in the US. When I go to the grocery store, Ill have to check the international aisle.

Thanks again everyone!!!! Brainstorming all together to share new food ideas and recipes, hopefully this will help patients to come up with new options specifically for our limited capabilities and diets smile

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma