Thought this might be helpful to those who are struggling to eat normally. Avoid buying things that are spicy or have alot of salt in them, instead buy low (or no) sodium and make as much as possible from scratch.

soft scrambled eggs with cheese
poached eggs
yogurt
pudding
cheesecake
milkshakes (I used to drink choc/peanutbutter milkshakes daily)
baked beans mashed up like mashed potatoes
mashed potatoes
mashed sweet potatoes
candied sweet potatoes
Baked sweet potatoes** my favorite with a little butter, brown sugar, and sour cream to help mellow it even more
chicken and stars soup
wonton soup
french onion soup... anyone can very easily and cheaply make this at home, just beef broth, sautéed onions, piece of toast on top and provolone cheese (or whatever kind you like, mozz, cheddar etc) carefully broiled to melt the top of the cheese
pancakes w/ real maple syrup or smucker's blueberry syrup
french toast, very lightly fried
canned carrots
peas or green beans mashed
glazed carrots
cottage cheese
buttered soft, fresh white bread with jelly
soft serve ice cream
applesauce
tomato soup made with milk, or half and half for more calories
zucchini squash either peeled, sliced and dipped in egg then lightly fried or sautéed in butter
jello, with whipped cream
canned peaches or pears
asparagus (overcooked)
baked potato with butter and sour cream

Some meats are very tender when cooked in a pressure cooker like turkey legs. Most can get away with buying cheaper cuts of meat as the extra fat in it helps to keep the meat tender making it easier to eat, such as 70/30 hamburger instead of 90/10.

To help balance your diet, add a scoop of dry carnation instant breakfast to milkshakes. Its all about the calories. Try to get as many calories possible per sip or swallow. Buying low fat, low calorie, should be on hold for a while

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma