Sone,

I don't know how I missed this thread. I don't think I have ever come into any thread after 55 posts.

I just want you to know how thrilled I was to read through these posts and to see how you responded to them and have gotten so far in your treatment. I am proud of my family here at the OCF in how they prodded, no kicked you in the butt, to get you to do what they KNEW you had to do. Gary's, Ray's and others blunt words were just what you needed.

We all know you can do this and although I fortunately never needed radiation, I feel like I have lived through it many times over the last 4+ years with so many of my friends.

I can't for the life of me understand why your RO would feel that stetching would harm the teeth. If you don't mind, could you ask him to elaborate on this and let me know. I will be away for a week, but will check back here to see if you found out.

Good luck with you continuing success in completing your treatment and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Jerry

PS Brian, no slings and arrows from this member.

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"