Sone, I am so, so sorry that you are going through this and things are beyond brutal. My husband's pain, mucus production, loss of voice and fatigue all peaked around the 3rd week of radiation. My husband didn't want to know ANYTHING about the side effects of treatments going into this and said he would just take things as they came. He was convinced that he would drive himself to treatments and certainly not need the feeding tube put in. Week 3 the shit hit the fan and he was literally knocked on his ass. BUT....the pain and side effects didn't get any worse they were just the same.

PLEASE, PLEASE go back to treatments. I know you are scared and probably feeling very desperate. Your children need you. My husband looked at me one day during his treatment and said "I'm only continuing this because of you". I said GREAT because I need you.

My husband has already told me that if the cancer is not gone or comes back he is done with treatments, no more chemo, no more radiation. That scares me to death and I pray every day that we beat this because I know he is serious. BUT....I am thankful that he toughed it out and did everything possible to beat this from the start. Please go back and talk to your MO not your RO. Our MO was our number 1 go to person for the terible, debilitating side effects. I'll keep you in my prayers. Hugs, Wanda

Wanda (47) caregiver to husband John (56) age at diag.(2009)
1-13-09 diagnosed Stage IV BOT SCC (HPV+)
2-12-09 PEG placed, 7-6-09 removed
Cisplatin 7 weeks, 7 weeks (35) IMRT
4-15-09 - treatment completed
8-09,12-09-CT Scans clear, 4-10,6-11-PET Scans clear
4-2013 - HBO (30 dives) tooth extraction
10-2019 - tooth extraction, HBO (10 dives)
11-2019 - Left lateral tongue SCC - Stage 2