Sone,

I recall some people having to stop for a week due to side effects, etc. and then re-starting. My husband said there were times when he wanted to stop as well. In addition to everything everyone else has said, even a mild case of thrush can make your mouth burn terribly and can keep the pain killers from doing their work. My husband has dealt with that post-treatment several times as well. If you aren't already on a daily thrush medicine - ask about that asap(need 2 weeks or more of treatment to get rid of the thrush and in my husband's case - he took something for quite a few weeks). The burning is often a sign of that.

I cannot imagine going through this treatment after watching my husband and others go through it but I would do everything to try to do so because there is a better life at the end of it. Are you getting a lot of support and help at home and from friends? Your "job" right now should be just to focus on yourself and getting through this. My husband was not able to do much of anything for many of the weeks of treatment and really relied on others to drive him, help him with his medications and peg. It was all he could do to put one foot in front of the other and get dressed and go through treatment for several weeks.

My thoughts are with you- Sophie

Sophie T.

CG to husband: SCC Stage 4, T4, N1, M0; non-smoker and very light social drinker; HPV+
induction chemo begun 7/07; chemo/radiation ended 10/10, first cat scan clear; scan on 5/9/08 clear, scan on 10/08 clear; scan 1/09 clear; scan 1/10 clear; passed away July 2, 2016