Sone,

I did not mean to sound heartless when I told you to go back and deal with the pain...But, that's what we all did...WE dealt with the pain one way or the other...There is no other way to do it...IT SUCKS and we all know this because we have all been there...Some of us have been there more then once.

If you had surgery to remove part of your tongue or whatever then had a "x" amount of nodes removed with all great big gigantic clean margins then I would have taken another approach...But, that is not your case...Correct me if I'm wrong but you did have a positive node..Correct?

Sone, it's imperative that you go back to finish treatment...I spent days in the hospital because of it...I felt like I was going to die...There is a big difference to feel like I was going to die compared to really doing it...Get my drift?

I wish I was more intelligent and compassionate to say the right words to get you back in that room..But I'm not that way...I'm blunt...at times stupid...and sometimes I'm just not right in the head!

So...I apolgize and I am sorry that this is hard for you...But can you please go back and finish treatment...Pretty please with a big fat cherry on top go back...

When you're all done and healed...I'll let you smack me in the noggin.

I do know a couple of people that stopped and resumed tx...They're here...but I don't know anyone who stopped and lived to pass on their experiences...I'm sorry.

I don't know how else to say it...But everyone here cares for the other....Please go back.

7-16-08 age 37@Dx, T3N0M0 SCC 4.778cm tumor, left side of oral tongue, non smoker, casual drinker, I am the 4th in my family to have H&N cancer
8-13-08 left neck dissection and 40% of tongue removed, submandibular salivary gland & 14 nodes clean, no chemo, IMRTx35
11-4-08 Recovering & feeling better