I second what Gary said. This is a cruel, aggressive cancer and in order to try to beat it you have to hit it with your best shot. I have been on this forum for a number of years and have yet to hear words that were delivered with a heartless purpose. Everyone here has only YOUR best interests at heart.

See the pain people - surely there is SOMETHING out there that they can give you to get you through the time needed to complete the treatments. I have heard that in certain circumstances - for people that are allergic to many of the common meds - drugs such as heroin (administered in a controlled environemnt) were just the ticket. Keep all avenues of pain meds open and please, please, do whatever it takes to get back into treatment. The streets of heaven are far too full of our OCF Angels.

Keep posting.

Donna

Donna,69, SCC L Tongue T2N1MO Stg IV 4/04 w/partial gloss;32 radtx; T2N2M0 Stg IV; R tongue-2nd partial gloss w/graft 10/07; 30 radtx/2 cispl 2/08. 3rd Oral Cancer surgery 1/22 - Stage 1. 2022 surgery eliminated swallowing and bottom left jaw. Now a “Tubie for Life”.no food envy - Thank God! Surviving isn't easy!!!! .Proudly Canadian - YES, UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE IS WONDERFUL! (Not perfect but definitely WONDERFUL)