So, I have all my follow up appointments this week. Gotta say I am feeling a bit nervous, as I will get the pathology results, speech assessment etc., all within the span of a couple of days, along with a more definite time frame for the start of chemo/rad.

I definitely need some goods news now, as I know problems will arise during phase 2.

I am eating normally, which is awesome, and back to work about 90%. I feel good, but went from sounding like the godfather, to Elmer Fudd (having trouble with C, G, R, S and T's), although everyone says they are shocked at how good I sound. I don't agree as I dictate stuff to my assistant, and abhor the sound of my own voice, but I am holding strong in the belief that it will get better. Preferably sooner rather than later....

Max, I expect your 2nd surgery is coming up soon - wishing you the best.

If I figure out how to post a picture, I will, I have a cool one that I think everyone will like. I'm a luddite, so not so bright on techno stuff. I have an IT guy at work for a reason...

Tina
Diag: Aug. 13/12
T3N0M0
50% + glossectomy and bilateral radical neck dissection, removal of nodes zones I - V
Surgery October 11/12
Chemo/rad on hold due to clear margins and nodes
Sept 21/13 clear CT with anomaly thought to be the artery, being watched closely.
Dec 16/13 - anomaly confirmed artery, all clear
nickname: "get 'r done"
Plans: kick cancer's butt