Hi Tina,

Saw your post on our introduction and I wanted to give you some insight into what we are going through.

Wife had a Stage IV cancer with one side of her lymph nodes affected and recently went through surgery.

The only difference was that 1 week prior to surgery, she gave birth to a boy which was a huge mission in itself!

Despite our concerns about how she would recover from two major events in the space of a week, she is currently watching tele right next to me having a laugh while enjoying a chocolate thickshake - this is just 2 weeks after the glossectomy which removed 3/4 of her oral tongue + a radical neck dissection as well!

I say this because I know we were daunted by the uncertainty around the surgery but were pleasantly surprised that things were a lot better than the doom and gloom scenario / script we were writing up in our heads.

Worrying and fearing about something that is beyond your control will only make the situation worse so stay positive and keep your chin up!

We will make sure that our prayers are with you during this uncertain phase and wish you all the best with your upcoming surgery.

6/8/12: Wife 33y/o with no risk dx with Stage IVa SCC L of Tongue(T4aN2bM0)
3/9/12: Induced birth @ 36 weeks - Baby Hunter!
11/9/12: OP - 3/4 Partial Gloss, Radical ND & Tongue Rec.
24/10/12: 33xRad + 7xChemo
7/12/12: Tx complete
21/3/13 & 21/6/13: NED
24/7/13: SCC in Lungs - OP: Lobectomy (VATS)
29/1/14 passed away