Thanks. My appointment is still this afternoon.

While I would love to take your advice about eating (I loooove to eat), unfortunately, my tumor is big enough that it limits what I can chew, and swallow. I have lost 20 pounds in the last month.

What I know is that surgery will be in 4-6 weeks (I'll find out the date today). The neck dissection terrifies me, along with the possibility that they will need to dissect my jaw. Rad/chemo after that. PEG for a while, but who knows how long????

Everything I can find, research wise, is pretty general. I am a lawyer with my own firm (opened it one month before I was told to get a biopsy by a dentitst), and I'm afraid that will all fall apart. Will I be able to do some limited work from home? Are the good days, actually "good" or just not crappy?

My family is far away, but I have great friends. Also a bit terrified that at 39, my parents will decide to move in. I love them, but I don't think I can handle that too, and have no idea how to tell tham.

I'm babbling a bit, but it's all the things I haven't wanted to burden my frinds/family with.

Thanks for "listening".

Tina

Tina
Diag: Aug. 13/12
T3N0M0
50% + glossectomy and bilateral radical neck dissection, removal of nodes zones I - V
Surgery October 11/12
Chemo/rad on hold due to clear margins and nodes
Sept 21/13 clear CT with anomaly thought to be the artery, being watched closely.
Dec 16/13 - anomaly confirmed artery, all clear
nickname: "get 'r done"
Plans: kick cancer's butt