Yes, I gathered, given that I have 30 rad and only 3 chemo, but I was worried about kidney damage.

By way of update, I am eating solid food, which is pretty damn exciting. Having perogies with bacon for dinner tonight! I have lost a bit more weight, but nothing substantial, and I'm still 145 lbs so I think I'm doing ok (that's only 4 lbs less than the day I went in for surgery).

Feeling pretty good, went into my office a couple of times, just for short periods, and it picked up my spirits to be doing something constructive. Everyone is shocked at how well I am talking (although I think I sound like the Godfather).

Waiting impatiently for the rest of the swelling to go down on the tongue, and less impatiently on the neck.

I am working hard to recuperate and my range of motion is coming along well on the shoulders and neck. The numbness on my ears is very irritating though.

All told I am doing very well. Best wishes to everyone else on their battles. I'm sure I will need your encouragement when phase 2 starts.

Tina
Diag: Aug. 13/12
T3N0M0
50% + glossectomy and bilateral radical neck dissection, removal of nodes zones I - V
Surgery October 11/12
Chemo/rad on hold due to clear margins and nodes
Sept 21/13 clear CT with anomaly thought to be the artery, being watched closely.
Dec 16/13 - anomaly confirmed artery, all clear
nickname: "get 'r done"
Plans: kick cancer's butt