No steak for me, but I managed half a sandwich and some soup, which is a huge step up from smoothies and ensure (whoever created that stuff must never have drank it, and should be shot on sight).

I have a few extra pounds (less now than a month ago, but still a few to spare), so that's good, and I'm trying to keep it there. If someone had ever told me I'd be trying to gain weight, I'd have told them they were nuts! Oh, the irony.

Thank you for the post-op info Cheryl. I was hoping the period between would be decent - I'm not much for laying in bed, and am generally irritated that I am supposed to be in hospital for 2 weeks. Afraid my brain will rot...

I donated a kidney to my dad about 10 years ago, and they told me I'd be off work for 6 weeks. I was back in 6 days, so I am hoping for similar surgery recovery.

My sign is Taurus, born in the year of the ox, and my mother is scottish, so I am the most stubborn woman on the planet. This is a bump in the road, and damn sure won't get the better of me!

Tina
Diag: Aug. 13/12
T3N0M0
50% + glossectomy and bilateral radical neck dissection, removal of nodes zones I - V
Surgery October 11/12
Chemo/rad on hold due to clear margins and nodes
Sept 21/13 clear CT with anomaly thought to be the artery, being watched closely.
Dec 16/13 - anomaly confirmed artery, all clear
nickname: "get 'r done"
Plans: kick cancer's butt