Yes, David, "faking good" is exactly how Kathy described - trust the caregiver to know the term, LOL.

I have told them the medical info, although I have not described the surgery, as damn, the thought of the details freaks me out.

I had an "education session" today, which is required here to outline the specifics of the procedure, and all of the tubes, monitors, drains, etc., I will be attached to. My best friend came with me, and she looked like she needed a drink afterward, so I definitely need to figure out how to fill my parents in without causing a panic attack.

I hope everyone elsewhere is provided the same kind of access to this type of service, as it was very helpful, albeit hard to hear, to prepare me. It also gave basic info like parking, and who to call for updates on the surgery so they don't have to be at the hospital for 14 hours. Kudoos to my team at the hospital for being so great.

Tina
Diag: Aug. 13/12
T3N0M0
50% + glossectomy and bilateral radical neck dissection, removal of nodes zones I - V
Surgery October 11/12
Chemo/rad on hold due to clear margins and nodes
Sept 21/13 clear CT with anomaly thought to be the artery, being watched closely.
Dec 16/13 - anomaly confirmed artery, all clear
nickname: "get 'r done"
Plans: kick cancer's butt